Active-Tools CoxOrb Cobalt Amplifier Complete Package
Amplifier with all important functions for racing and popular sports
- Impact rate measurement without cabling
- Memory of the last 20 stopped routes
- Sensor-controlled backlit display
The Active-Tools CoxOrb Cobalt amplifier ensures a significant increase in performance of your crew on the water.
The most important functions at a glance:
- Strokerate detection: the stroke rate is detected by the boat's movement or the seat magnet, and the CoxOrb automatically takes the signals from the magnetic sensor, if one is available. The accelerometer used detects the first movement of the boat when the boat is started from a standing position. This prevents the magnet from accidentally triggering the timer before a race begins.
- Battery/Charging: The 17Wh / 1600mAh removable battery provides a normal operating time of 5-6 hours (50% volume, 50% talk). A 1000mA charger is included, reducing charging time to less than 3 hours.
- Route section memory: 20 stopped routes can be recorded and displayed on the device's screen.
- Audio Performance: Our speakers provide audio quality that far exceeds that of other products. In our lightweight speakers, we use high-quality Visaton speaker modules developed in Germany for upscale sound quality. We have integrated advanced audio processing into CoxOrb to achieve significant wind noise suppression. Also compatible with NK speakers. Volume level is saved when power off.
- Timekeeping: the integrated clock shows the current time at the touch of a button.
- Mounting: Helm mounts often do not point directly at the helmsman, especially on boats with front steering. To address this, the CoxOrb has a spherical, customizable rubber molding that allows you to push the unit into its mount. This allows the display to not only rotate, but also tilt so it's always pointed right at you. This works with all standard mounts as well as our own mounting cup.
- Easy to maintain: all CoxOrb models have a removable battery that can be easily replaced. Each unit also has a replaceable connector, so you don't have to return your CoxOrbs to the manufacturer if the connector pins wear out after several years of use.
- Wiring and Connectors: our cables have replaceable connectors that can be swapped out if the end connection fails. With each mounting kit, we also supply a boat-mountable protective bracket so that the CoxOrb connector can be protected from dirt and water when not in use.
- Display: Sensor controlled backlight
- Security: each CoxOrb has a unique serial number engraved on a stainless steel plate in the front window. This means that a lost or stolen unit can be more easily identified and serial numbers cannot be changed.
What you get:
- Active-Tools CoxOrb Cobalt
- Colored silicone front and back bumpers
- Retaining cord
- Microphone headset
- Charging cable (for Germany)
- Maintainance Pack cleaning and care kit
- Neoprene carrying case
The CoxOrb models in comparison
All models feature a replaceable battery and a voice amplifier with mute button.
The models CoxOrb Steel, CoxOrb Tungsten, as well as Impeller and Active-Tools speaker systems are available on request.
|Function||CoxOrb Steel||CoxOrb Cobalt||CoxOrb Tungsten||CoxOrb Platinum|
|Beat count via roller seat magnet|
|Stroke count via accelerometer|
|Counter (rowing strokes)|
|Distance per stroke|
|Course data (GPS)|
|Saving of course data|
|Data recall directly on the display|
|Display with backlight|
Active Tools was founded in London in 2002 and develops all its products itself.
Based on the experience of racing rowers and additional technical know-how, some very interesting products have been created that help rowers and trainers to analyze their performance and simplify measurements on the boat.
the declared goal of Active Tools is to produce the best possible rowing products. This approach has led to numerous innovative, patented designs.
The Active Tools factory is located near Henley in England and all Active Tools products are developed and prototyped in-house. With this approach, Active Tools can create innovative designs very quickly. Subsequently, the prototypes and initial production samples are extensively tested and inputs from coaches, rowers and coxes are obtained in order to make the designs as optimal as possible. Active Tools speedometers were the first to use accelerometers to eliminate the need for seat magnets, and the Active Tools CoxOrbs do far more than any other rudder amplifier ever before.
The Active Tools delivers directly in the UK and through specifically selected representatives in several countries.
"New products are always under development and we welcome comments on existing products and suggestions for new ones."
Joe Edwards | General Manager & Technical Support
JLSPORT.DE is a premium partner and sole trading platform of Active Tools in German-speaking countries.