Active-Tools CoxOrb Platinum GPS Complete Package
The ultimate device for racing rowing
Included in the complete package of the Rudder CoxBox:
- Speed and distance data via built-in GPS
- Stroke rate measurement without cabling
- Data retrieval via USB
- Compatible with NK speaker connections.
The most important functions at a glance:
- Voice recording: each section of the route is automatically recorded and can then be transferred to a computer.
- Stroke count recording: Stroke count is recorded via the boat's movement or the seat magnet, with the CoxOrb automatically taking the signals from the magnetic sensor if one is present. The accelerometer used detects the first movement of the boat when the boat is started from a standing position. This prevents the magnet from accidentally triggering the timer before a race begins.
- Battery/Charging: The 17Wh / 1600mAh removable battery provides a normal operating time of 5-6 hours (50% volume, 50% talk). A 1000mA charger is included, reducing charging time to less than 3 hours.
- Track section memory: 20 stopped tracks can be recorded and displayed on the device's screen or transferred to a computer.
- Create Workouts: Preset workouts can be configured and used. These can be either set times or fixed distances.
- Speed Measurement: Included in our premium model are options for both GPS and impeller speed measurements. We have developed a very smooth running impeller that is ideal for use on rivers. For racing or cruising without an impeller, the 10 Hz 66 channel GPS module, measures speeds and distances via the GPS, Glonas and Galileo satellites. It also includes a "Stream Compensation" feature (US Patent US9804268B2) that reduces the inherent inaccuracies of using GPS in moving water, allowing for more accurate measurements. Of course, speed measurement is also possible WITHOUT an impeller, using GPS alone.
- Steering Information: GPS data is used to record steered courses on a track. This is especially helpful for crews rowing on wider rivers or lakes, as coaches and coxswains can see possible steering improvements. It also allows you to check your times posted in races.
- Audio Performance: Our speakers provide audio quality that far exceeds that of other products. In our lightweight speakers, we use high-quality Visaton speaker modules developed in Germany for upscale sound quality. We have integrated advanced audio processing into CoxOrb to achieve significant wind noise suppression. Also compatible with NK speakers.
- Timekeeping: the integrated clock shows the current time at the touch of a button.
- Data transmission: With the Tungsten and Platinum models, you can transfer data to your computer via a USB cable. Data can then be displayed graphically and voice recordings can be listened to on a computer or mobile device. Control data can also be transferred and then displayed in Google Earth or Strava.
- Mounting: Helm mounts often do not point directly at the helmsman, especially on boats with front steering. To address this, the CoxOrb has a spherical, customizable rubber molding that allows you to push the unit into its mount. This allows the display to not only rotate, but also tilt so it's always pointed right at you. This works with all standard mounts as well as our own mounting cup.
- Check Factor: The check factor can be displayed on the CoxOrb Tungsten and Platinum models as well as the ActiveTime beat counter. It is calculated using the accelerometer and provides information about the deceleration of the boat during the rowing stroke. Two strokes are averaged at a time. It is adjusted to the stroke rate because negative acceleration inevitably increases with frequency. The value of the check factor varies depending on the team weight and the boat class. Experience shows that it is between 35 and 40 for top crews at racing speed, and 60 to 70 for less experienced rowers.
- Easy to maintain: all four models have a removable battery that can be easily replaced. Each unit also has a replaceable connector, so you don't have to return your CoxOrbs to the manufacturer if the connector pins wear out after several years of use.
- Wiring and Connectors: our cables have replaceable connectors that can be swapped out if the end connection fails. With each mounting kit, we also provide a boat-mountable protective bracket so the CoxOrb connector can be protected from dirt and water when not in use.
- Security: Each CoxOrb has a unique serial number engraved on a stainless steel plate in the front window. This means that a lost or stolen unit can be more easily identified and serial numbers cannot be changed.
What you get:
- CoxOrb Platinum
- Colored silicone front and back bumpers
- Retaining cord
- Microphone headset
- Charging cable (for Germany)
- USB cable
- Maintainance Pack cleaning and care kit
- Neoprene carrying case
The CoxOrb models in comparison
All models feature a replaceable battery and a voice amplifier with mute button.
The models CoxOrb Steel, CoxOrb Tungsten, as well as Impeller and Active-Tools speaker systems are available on request.
|Function||CoxOrb Steel||CoxOrb Cobalt||CoxOrb Tungsten||CoxOrb Platinum|
|Beat count via roller seat magnet|
|Stroke count via accelerometer|
|Counter (rowing strokes)|
|Distance per stroke|
|Course data (GPS)|
|Saving of course data|
|Data recall directly on the display|
|Display with backlight|
- 105 mm (4 1/8") diameter, 90 mm (3.5")
- Power supply
- integrated battery
- LCD Display
- 0.49 kg / 1.5 kg (1.5 oz)
Active Tools was founded in London in 2002 and develops all its products itself.
Based on the experience of racing rowers and additional technical know-how, some very interesting products have been created that help rowers and trainers to analyze their performance and simplify measurements on the boat.
the declared goal of Active Tools is to produce the best possible rowing products. This approach has led to numerous innovative, patented designs.
The Active Tools factory is located near Henley in England and all Active Tools products are developed and prototyped in-house. With this approach, Active Tools can create innovative designs very quickly. Subsequently, the prototypes and initial production samples are extensively tested and inputs from coaches, rowers and coxes are obtained in order to make the designs as optimal as possible. Active Tools speedometers were the first to use accelerometers to eliminate the need for seat magnets, and the Active Tools CoxOrbs do far more than any other rudder amplifier ever before.
The Active Tools delivers directly in the UK and through specifically selected representatives in several countries.
"New products are always under development and we welcome comments on existing products and suggestions for new ones."
Joe Edwards | General Manager & Technical Support
JLSPORT.DE is a premium partner and sole trading platform of Active Tools in German-speaking countries.